Saturday, March 12, 2011

Where we imagine our retired selves yelling "Ahoy! Ahoy!"

The weekend after Dan and I came back from our sailing vacation, still in the happy shiny cloud known as post-vacation bliss, we took it upon ourselves to go to one of the biggest sailboat conventions in the US. At Chicago's very own Navy Pier, all the major manufacturers came out to display their newest models.

Called Strictly Sail, it was like a Star Wars convention for sailing enthusiasts. The Beneteau First 30 (seen below), was my favorite for day sails. It was really gorgeous and shockingly affordable.



And here I am in another Beneteau with their retractable steering wheel. I think this was the 37'. Can you see the teak flooring in the cockpit? Tres swank.



At last, but not least, here is the Hunter 50 that Dan and I will retire on when we have enough money to stop working, want to live on a boat for at least 6 months out of the year, and plan to invite friends/couples/families onboard for short jaunts. It has 3 cabins, 2 heads, and a kitchen bigger and better than the one we currently possess. I have a serious case of boat envy.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment